Department of Conservation (School of Planning and Architecture, Bhopal)
Centre for Cultural knowledge System
Dear Scholars, Researchers, and Academicians
We are delighted to announce a "Call for Papers" for a national conference with exhibition,
"75 Shades of Heritage," hosted by the School of Planning and Architecture, Bhopal. This national
conference with exhibition aims to bring together a diverse community of professionals, scholars,
administers and enthusiasts interested in exploring and celebrating the myriad aspects of heritage that have shaped India in profound ways.
Date: 29th & 30th September and 1st October
Venue: School of Planning and Architecture, Bhopal
Theme: 75 Shades of Heritage
Heritage plays a vital role in shaping our identities, cultures, and societies. The "75 Shades of Heritage"
conference will serve as a platform for participants to delve into the multifaceted dimensions of heritage
conservation, management, and interpretation. We invite researchers, practitioners, and students from various
disciplines to contribute their original research and insights to enrich our knowledge on heritage and its importance in contemporary contexts.
Topics of Interest:
1. Cultural and Sacred Landscape
This section shall include heritage of cultural landscape, agriculture, water landscapes, sacred groves, historic mines, etc. Inter relationship of landscape to music, dance and performing arts shall be explored.
Sacred landscapes shall include landscapes based on deity like Krishna, Shiva, Devi, Chaardham, Navagraha, Moksh, etc.
2. Historic Cities & Sacred towns
This section shall include timeless archaeological, historic and sacred cities including Varanasi, Ayodhya, Braj, Dwarka, Haridwar, Pandharpur, Ujjain, Rameswaram, Kedarnath, Pushkar, Sarnath etc.
3. Sacred Architecture
This section shall include typology of various manifestations of sacredness in architecture including those of Temples, Stupas, Monasteries, Masjids, Dargah, Churches, Cathedrals, Synagogues, and Maths.
Ancient text which influences the formation of the architecture from needs to be explored.
4. Monumental Architecture
This section shall include the grand architectural expressions including Palaces, Gateways, Victory Towers, Observatories, Bridges, Universities, Gardens, Baolis, etc.
5. Historic Public Architecture
This section shall deal with architecture typologies for public use including Chowks, Bazaars, Kothi, Kacheri, Railway Terminus, Amphitheatres, Settlements, Hotels etc.
This section deals with residential architecture constructed of the people by the people.
6. Tangibility of the Intangible
This section shall deal with spatial manifestation of the intangible including textiles, jewellery, paintings, sculptures, crafts, festivals, fairs.
7. Conscious Nationalism in Architecture and Planning
This section shall deal with Indians constructing in their own traditions with local materials and traditional methods; to create their own identity through their conscious design in adversities due to hegemony and colonialization.
• Last Date for registration: 16th August 2023
• Abstract Submission Deadline: 16th August 2023
• Notification of Acceptance: 22nd August 2023
• Submission of Presentation: 15th September 2023
• Conference Dates: 29th & 30th September and 1st October 2023
• Full Paper Submission Deadline: 14th December 2023
• Review of Paper: 15th February 2024
• Final Publication: April 2024
Abstracts and full papers are invited from interested participants. Submissions must be original and should not have been published or presented elsewhere. The proceedings of the conference will be compiled and published in book form.
• The abstract should be written in English and not exceed 500 words.
• Include the title, author(s) name, affiliation, and email address.
• The abstract should be concise and state the purpose, results, and conclusions of the research.
• It should not include references or uncommon abbreviations.
• The abstract should be 350 words or less, in 11-point Times New Roman font, single-spaced, and justified.
• Keywords should be 5 or fewer, in 10-point Times New Roman font, single-spaced, and justified.
Full Paper Submission:
• The full paper should be written in English and submitted in Microsoft Office (.doc/.docx) format.
• The manuscript should be between 4,000 to 12,000 words, including figures and tables.
• The paper should be formatted for A4 paper, with a 2.5 cm inside margin and 2 cm top, bottom, and outside margins.
• Include a cover page with the paper title, author(s) name, affiliation, and email address.
• The title should be 15 words or less, in title case, small caps, centred, bold, in 16-sized Times New Roman font, single-spaced.
• The main text should be one column, justified, in 12-point Times New Roman font, with a first line indent of 5 mm and 1.5 spacing.
• The manuscript should begin with the title, abstract, and keywords, and include the following sections: Introduction, Literature Review, Research Methodology, Findings and Discussion, Conclusion and Further Research, and References.
• Follow the APA citation style.
Please submit your abstracts and full papers via email to email@example.com. All submissions will undergo a peer review process by our expert panel, and selected abstracts will be invited for presentation at the conference.
• Participants are required to register for the conference to attend and present their papers.
• To register, please visit
• Kindly fill out the registration form, which includes your personal & professional information, contact information and payments details.
• Participants are required to pay the conference registration fee in order to complete the registration process. The fee can be paid online via UPI transaction or bank transfer.
• Once the registration fee has been paid, participants will receive a final confirmation email with details on how to access the conference materials, including the program schedule and presentation guidelines.
• Please note that the registration fee is non-refundable.
• If you have any questions or concerns about the registration process, please contact the conference team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• All accepted abstracts will be published in a conference proceedings e-book.
• All accepted full papers have the opportunity to be compiled and published in book form.
• All papers will receive national exposure and scientific feedback from scholars across India during the conference.
• Presentations should be limited to 15 minutes, with an additional 5 minutes allocated for discussion and Q&A.
• Presentation should be limited to maximum of 20 slides.
• The author or a co-author must be present to deliver the presentation.
• Presentations can be delivered using a personal laptop or the equipment provided at the conference venue.
• Presenters are encouraged to use Windows OS and MS PowerPoint for their presentations.
• Conference volunteers will be available to assist presenters with any technical needs.
• Posters should be 36 inches wide and 48 inches high in size.
• Attendees are responsible for bringing their own printed posters.
• Posters should be set up prior to the opening ceremony and removed after the valedictory ceremony.
• At least one presenter must be available during the designated poster viewing time for discussions with attendees.
• Posters will be displayed in the designated areas at the venue.
For any inquiries related to the "75 Shades of Heritage" conference, please contact:
Dr. Vishakha Kawathekar
We eagerly anticipate your valuable contributions and look forward to your active participation in this intellectually stimulating event. Let us collectively celebrate the diversity and richness of our heritage as we forge a path towards its sustainable preservation and appreciation.
Department of Conservation
School of Planning and Architecture, Bhopal
Last Date of Registration :
16th August, 2023
Registration Link :
Call for Papers & Submission Guidelines :
Registration Fees :
Fees for Professionals and Administrators - INR 5,000.00
PhD Scholars and Students - INR 3,000.00
Fees for Students and Alumni of SPA Bhopal - INR 2,000.00
Exhibition Counters / Display Stalls - INR 1,00,000.00