School of Planning and Architecture, Bhopal is established by Government of India as an Institute of National importance in the year 2008.This school is committed to produce best Architects and Planners of the Nation to take up the challenges of physical and socio- environmental development of global standards. This will be developed as 'University of imagination', where a sense of enquiry will prevail amongst all stake holders- students, researchers, professors and society at large. School of Planning and Architecture will strive for social sustenance through universal design, cultural sustenance through conservation and environmental sustenance through the discipline of Architecture, Planning and Design.
The Institute strives:
To create School of Planning and Architecture, Bhopal as a centre of excellence for imparting quality education at undergraduate, postgraduate, doctoral and post-doctoral levels in Planning and Architecture.
- To create national level research and development centre with special emphasis on research and consultancy work in the field of Planning and Architecture.
- To create national level research and database centre and decision support centre for the preparation and implementation of settlement and habitat development programme for the Government.
- To create the nodal centre for mentoring other architecture and spatial planning institutions in the central region.
- To create a cadre of high calibre faculty members who will be devoted to teaching, research and consultancy in all disciplines that deal with Planning and Architecture.
- To become socially responsible institution providing research feedback to the Government for physical development of human settlements.